Monday 19 August 2013

Author Interview ~ Helen Johnston ~ Innocence Lost




Claire Lamb Good Morning Helen, first of all Congratulations on your Book Innocence Lost, in fact congratulations on the whole trilogy. It's a pleasure to have you here today

Helen Johnston Thanks for having me, it’s a pleasure to be here with you, and yes the complete series is out now. Something I never thought would happen.

Claire Lamb Tell us a little about yourself and your book?

Helen Johnston Innocence Lost, is the first of a set of three books, the series is called the Journey of Innocence. It’s basically a love story, the corny saying “love can conquer all.” Your taken on a journey with twists in it. There are characters to fall in love with, to hate, and everything in between. Vampires that have fangs, and do bite, but not necessarily on the neck... Plenty of hot steamy sex that will tease your senses and leave you craving more...

I work full time away from the home, and write as much as I can, so I don’t get a lot of time to relax as there is something always to do. Being married with a family I wish I could split myself into about three parts so I could do everything equally. But when I get time to myself, I read and a real indulgence would be to read while soaking in the bath with bubbles. But that doesn't happen very often.

Claire Lamb Steamy is good trust me lol, and yeah I know the feeling about splitting yourself into pieces to please all haha

Claire Lamb What inspired you to start writing?

Helen Johnston My hubby was working nights and I've always read all genres but enjoyed the Black Lace novels and decided to combine my love of vampires and erotica and write a book for myself. This was before Id read the likes of all the paranormal authors that are out there and I didn't know there was a place for my ideas anywhere.

This was all years ago and we didn't even have a computer at the time. It was never meant to get published, but friends encourage me to take it to the next step.

Claire Lamb Who is your favourite author?

Helen Johnston Just one? lol okay, let me think...

Claire Lamb your allowed more than 1 lol

Helen Johnston Okay, Lora Leigh, J R Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, L.A. Bank, Christine Feehan, are a few.

Claire Lamb Why did you choose to write these types of books?

Helen Johnston I wrote it for myself and decided to add in everything I've wanted to read, but hadn't, at that point.

Claire Lamb What Book are you reading at the moment?

Helen Johnston I've just finished My Decadent Demon by Nikita Jakz and Alicia Dawn. They are friends of mine and it’s their first published book and I now need to write a review on it which I've never done before, but loved it so it should be easy.

Claire Lamb Outside of writing what do you do to relax?

Helen Johnston Um... your meant to have a life outside of writing? lol. no one told me this! lol.

Claire Lamb lol yeah but sometimes life is just to hectic, what would you like to be doing asides from writing then haha.

Helen Johnston Reading, and I'm starting a few collage courses l in September to hopefully gain the quilifictions I need to actually write lol

Claire Lamb Describe your book in three words?

Helen Johnston Sexy, erotic, roller-coaster, is roller-coaster one word, does it count?

Claire Lamb yeah we will let you off lol

Claire Lamb Did you have any muses for your characters?

Helen Johnston My main male character Blake



Helen Johnston My main female, Siobhan




Helen Johnston Two of the three body guards of Blake. The twins Nat and Alex



Claire Lamb such hotness *fanning myelf here lol

Helen Johnston Seraphina, one of Siobhan's best friends



Helen Johnston Siobhan and her friends are human, when the meet the vampires.

Claire Lamb Does Blake or Siobhan remind you of anyone in your life?

Helen Johnston No, they were purely made up, Seraphina is the only one that has traits of someone I know.

Claire Lamb In your book can you relate to any of the circumstances the characters go through, are there any of your own experiences or total fiction?

Helen Johnston if only I did lol, no its total fiction.

Claire Lamb  Are the names of characters in your novel important to you?

Helen Johnston yes they were, I had their bios written before I started to write the book and found i had to get the right names for each. But took a bit of artistic bending as Blake was born in the 1600, that name wasn't around then. But Alex, Alexander and Nathaneil was even if it’s today spelt differently.

Siobhan for some reason isn't (In these books) pronounced the way it should be, it’s Ser-bi-on, don't ask me why it’s just the way she told me. Yes sometimes they talk to me lol and yes I know that makes me sound crazy.

Claire Lamb you’re not crazy it’s a unique gift you have I believe writers have that talent.

Helen Johnston Thank you.

Claire Lamb Do you believe in vampires or believe there is some paranormal thing going on in the world?

Helen Johnston I would love to believe they were all real, but to be honest I think we would have known about them by now. If only there were all these hunky men walking around.

Claire Lamb If your book was made into a film who would you want to play your main characters?

Helen Johnston I honestly think it's far to adult to be made into a film. From my pictures above Blake is a polo rider called Ignacio Figueras and Siobhan is a Bulgararian singer, Andrea Teodorova.

Claire Lamb Does your family support you with your writing?

Helen Johnston Yes, I didn't really tell anyone that I was writing for a couple of years, only my best friend and hubby. And not how erotic the books were till I gained a little more confidence in them lol.

Claire Lamb What is your least favourite part in the writing progress?

Helen Johnston Editing, as I do it all myself, and I'm not the best at spelling and grammar, hence why I'm going back to college. Book one Innocence Lost is being re written and edited now, as I want to bring it out into paper back next Valentines day.

Claire Lamb Do you have anything new in the pipeline ?

Helen Johnston Yes I'm writing a new series, you meet Lexi the lead male in book two and more in book three. It’s set in a sex club in Soho, but of course being a paranormal book it’s not your usual sex club.

Claire Lamb but that makes it all the more exciting lol, do the books have a name or are you keeping it under wraps for now?

Helen Johnston They sort of do but I'm not saying yet when I know you'll be the first to know okay?

Claire Lamb aw fab I love a surprise.

Claire Lamb This question comes from Clare Pennicook in Fictional group ~ Ok having never read any of your books how would you recommend yourself to a new reader ?

Helen Johnston omg lol hang on let me think

Claire Lamb yip they like to make em hard.

Helen Johnston My books don't appeal to everyone, they are highly erotic, leaving nothing to the imagination. Pure filth they've been called lol.

But, if you like vampires that bite and don't sparkle, that has the capacity to love and to fight for that love no matter what happens, and you like twists that make you wonder wtf is going on, then you might enjoy them.

Claire Lamb perfect way to put it

Claire Lamb E reader or Paperback?

Helen Johnston Both if I really enjoy it I will buy it whatever it comes in. Some series I have in paperback, E reader, Hardback, and talking book. Lol.

Claire Lamb If you could pick another author to co-write with who would it be and why?

Helen Johnston I don't think I could co-write with anyone, I'm to selfish with my ideas, what would happen if they didn't like them? lol I wish I could and did as self publishing is a lonely thing, and doing every little thing yourself is exhausting.

Claire Lamb I am sure a lot of writers feel that way.

Claire Lamb Do you do anything when writing? (aka listen to music, sit on floor ect)?

Helen Johnston I prefer silence but recently I’ve not had much of a choice as our son is remodelling our dining room and kitchen and for some reason he can’t work without music blaring out and I seem to be writing ok through it lol.

Claire Lamb If you wrote a book about your life....what name would you call yourself and what 3 words would you use to describe your personality?

Helen Johnston lol ok let me think, I've always liked the name Kelly, (I think that's due to my Irish roots) feisty, opinionated, headstrong.
 lmao I just asked my hubby what he'd say he shouted out to add stubborn to the list!

Claire Lamb pmsl well he probably knows you best lol

Claire Lamb Ok easy one top five book boyfriends?

Helen Johnston Wrath from the BDB, Cullen Lyons from the Breeds, Wren Tigarian from the Dark Hunters, Clint from Lora leighs Navey seals series and The Fallady twins again Lora Leigh.

Claire Lamb Has there been a review that has stood out the most for you?

Helen Johnston not one in particular, they all do. Because I know it’s not perfect, there are spelling and grammar mistakes I really don't expect anyone to give it a good review. So any nice ones mean the world to me.

Claire Lamb I am sure your fans appreciate the effort in all that you write.

Claire Lamb Which book - by another author - are you looking forward to the most?

Helen Johnston Next year Wrath gets his own book again. and I've been waiting for J R Ward to write more about him since book one lol.

Claire Lamb Is there any traditions you do after finishing a book ?

Helen Johnston apart from getting drunk?

Claire Lamb lol now thats a must.

Helen Johnston lol not really when I wrote The End at the end of the whole series I think I cried lol.

Claire Lamb no wonder it must be like an end to a magical feeling or something like that.

Helen Johnston I think I was still in shock that Id managed to accomplish something like that.

Claire Lamb I believe you can accomplish anything you put your mind to especially when you have passion for it.

Claire Lamb Do you prefer Vanilla or Kinkery Fuckery lol ? sorry I ask everyone this lol.


Helen Johnston I think a healthy bit of both goes a long way.

Claire Lamb good answer lol

Claire Lamb Favourite Colour?


Claire Lamb Favourite Food?

Helen Johnston I can’t cook, so anything I can pop in the oven or micro wave is a hit with me lol, but my drug is chocolate.

Claire Lamb Night or Day ?


Claire Lamb Favourite movie?

Helen Johnston Breakfast Club

Claire Lamb Favourite actor?

Helen Johnston Liam Nelson

Claire Lamb Favourite Drink?

Helen Johnston Baileys

Claire Lamb Tidy or Untidy ?

Helen Johnston lol very untidy

Claire Lamb Helen, you have been fantastic today, thank you so much for joining me and putting up with me, it's been an absolute pleasure to interview you and I wish you all the success in the world. Is there anything you would like to say to your fans before we wrap up ?

Helen Johnston Thanks for having me, it’s been a lot of fun!

Just, enjoy the ride. 



Sypnosis

Get sucked into the Journey that is Innocence Lost. Impossibilities, heartaches and wonder if love prevails all. Join us as we follow the story of Siobhan and Blake as they battle through the trials and tribulations of two very different worlds.

Blake is an Elder Vampire, over four hundred years old, dark, mysterious, bold, tall, and extremely gorgeous, as only a vampire such as he can be. Centuries of feeling incomplete knowing there’s a part of him that is missing, part he yearns to be complete. Never knowing he would find that in the oddest way. A meeting with a gypsy fortune teller has him intrigued when she foretold of when and where he could find his Queen. 

But he was warned there would be many brutal, obstacles to be overcome before any kind of happy ever after could be accomplished, before his Queen and the missing link to his soul, the woman whom would complete him would be safe in his arms.

Siobhan, pronounced (Ser-bi-on) is a beautiful young woman, an innocent, on holiday with her friends when she unexpectedly meets a tall charismatic man who completely and utterly sweeps her off her feet, she is drawn to him like a moth to a flame. He's so sexually dominant, taking his time to initiate her, step by slow step, patiently and completely to the carnal pleasures, her body could feel. What only he could make her feel... 

But unbeknown to either of them, a dark and evil presence from Blake’s past has been observing them, planning to shred their worlds apart, and sooner rather than later. Siobhan is cruelly ripped from his embrace and is thrust into a world beyond anything she has ever dreamt of or could ever have imagined existed. 

Follow us as Blake has a battle with forces he’s not sure he can defeat, all to bring home the one and only woman he would ever have, love and desire with all that he is. 

Welcome to Innocence Lost.


Buy Links




You can follow Helen here:















1 comment:

  1. Than you so much for having me on your amazing blog! <3

    ReplyDelete