Monday 9 September 2013

Author interview with Carey Heywood ~ Book of the week HIM





HIM BLURB:

Sarah Miller hasn’t been home in seven years. She thought she could stay away forever. If it wasn’t for her big brother's wedding, that is. Part of her even feels silly for staying away this long. It's not like anyone even knew what happened. Well, except for him.

That guy. The one she compared all others to. The one who set the bar so high no other guy after him could even compete. The one who made her feel like anything was possible. The one she thought she would never be good enough for. The one she spent the last seven years trying to forget.
All she needs to do is make it through the next week without running into him.


Interview with Carey: 

Hi Carey, first of all Congratulations on your Book HIM.
Can you please tell us a little about yourself and your book?

Thank you so much for having me! Hmmm, a little bit about me and my book… Well, I am 34 years old. I’m married and have 3 kids and one semi house broken dog. I love books, old movies, being crafty, eating super unhealthy things and goofing off on the internet. Him was inspired by a conversation I had with a stranger on a plane. She was travelling to reconnect with an old flame. Where they met much later in love I loved the idea of falling in love with someone you met in middle school. Will was every guy I ever had a crush on growing up.

1.       What inspired you to start writing?

I’ve always loved to tell stories, writing them down has just been more recent of an occurrence. I had just finished reading a paranormal series and couldn’t find anything else I felt like reading. Sure, I already had books downloaded but nothing was speaking to me. I had a thought, what if I wrote something I, as a reader, would want to read? I’ve been writing down my stories ever since.

2.       Who is your favourite author?

Not fair! I don’t have just one so you’ll have to live with my favourite authors instead of author. They are Karina Halle, Melissa Collins, Kendall Grey, Penny Reid, Nikki Mahood and Renee Carlino.

3.        Why did you choose to write this type of book?

It feels like this book chose me. I could not get Will and Sarah out of my head until I put them down on paper.

4.        What Book are you reading at the moment?

I’m working on a standalone for Sawyer. Let me just say, she’s a handful.

5.       Outside of writing what do you do to relax?

I love to read, spend time with my family and kayak.

6.       Where did the idea for this book come from?

I mentioned the plane ride above. Something about that conversation really stayed with me. I even stopped writing the book I had been working on to start writing Him. The characters and their story just took a front row seat in my head.

7.       Describe your book in three words?

First love triumphs.

8.       Did you have any muses for your characters?

I can see a cocky, scruffy, Chris Pine as Will and a sweet, somewhat sassy Leighton Meester as Sarah.

9.       Does Will or Sarah remind you of anyone in your life?

Will is every boy I had a crush on growing up but he is also every hardworking, supportive, caring man I know as well. Will is a good guy, he’s a smokin hot guy but at the end of the day he is a good guy. Sarah can be stubborn, standoffish, insecure and constantly spins her ring…no comment on who she reminds me of.

10.    In your book can you relate to any of the circumstances the characters go through, are there any of your own experiences or total fiction?

I had a fly home twice for a sibling’s wedding…that’s about it for me.

11.    If you had 24 hours with Will, what would you do?

I don’t kiss and tell ;)

12.    When do we get to read Will’s POV in HER?

I have a tentative release date!!!! Hopefully….Oct 19th

13.    Does your family support you with your writing?

They sure do J

14.    What is your least favourite part in the writing progress?

Sometimes I’m bad about writing a character’s physical traits down in one easily accessible place. I have spent many evenings franticly combing through a doc because I couldn’t remember a side character’s eye colour, or if I even gave them an eye color.

15.     E reader or Paperback?

Ereader to read, signed paperback to cherish.

16.     If you could pick another author to co-write with who would it be and why?

I’ve been chatting with the lovely Nikki Mahood about possibly doing that. We seem to share a brain so…we shall see.

17.     Do you do anything when writing? (aka listen to music, sit on floor ect)?

I write at a desk. I sometimes listen to music but tend to write better when it’s quiet.

18.    If you wrote a book about your life....what name would you call yourself and what 3 words would you use to describe your personality?

My name would be Summer, and the 3 words to describe me would be generous, loving, and clever.

19.    Ok easy one top five book boyfriends?

I’m assuming I can’t pick any of the ones I’ve written…So…Dex, Remy, Wilber, Reid, and Abner.

20.    Has there been a review that has stood out the most for you?

I feel like the luckiest author on the planet. I have the best readers and couldn’t pick one review over another. I feel so humbled that people not only want to read what I write but that they would actually take the time out of their day to write a review. Incredible, each and every single one.

21.    Which book - by another author - are you looking forward to the most?

Nocturnes by Kendall Grey…I’m dying to know more about what makes Rax tick.

22.    Is there any traditions you do after finishing a book ?

Um…happy dance?

23.    Favourite Colour?

All of them J

24.    Favourite Food?

Swedish fish!

25.    Night or Day ?

I’m most productive in the morning but, I tend to have creative breakthroughs in the evening…

26.    Favourite movie?

Gidget with Sandra Dee

27.    Favourite actor?

Cary Grant

28.    Favourite Drink?

Caramel Frappe

29.    Tidy or Untidy ?

Unfortunately, untidy :(


Carey Thank so much for answering our questions it's been a pleasure x


No comments:

Post a Comment