Monday 9 September 2013

Emily Minton (co-writing with Dawn Martens) ~ Get to know you interview

  1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?  When I was a junior in highschool.   My teacher made us all write a short story.   Everyone complained about the assignment, but I had a freaking blast. 

  1. How long does it take you to write a book?  Dawn and I have been working on Whiskey Lullaby for three weeks, and we are almost done.  Now, my solo book will take much longer.  I will guesstimate three months. 

  1. What is your work schedule like when you're writing? I do not have a set schedule.  I write when the mood strikes.  In fact, a lot of my best is written during the middle of the night. 

  1. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk? Names!!  I have such a hard time picking character names.  I pick one then switch it.  Then, I end up switching it back. 

  1. How do you plan to publish? (self or publisher) I’m and indie girl!

  1. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books? They just come to me.  If I need something specific (like a medical term), I google it. 

  1. When did you write your first book and how old were you? I am writing my first book now, and I am 38. 

  1. What do you like to do when you're not writing?  Spend time with my kids and SLEEP!!

  1. What does your family think of your writing? They are proud of me, but they get jealous of the time I spend writing.  It is hard to balance a family life and writing. 

  1. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books? I was really surprised at how quickly new idea form in my brain.  Who knew I was so creative?

  1. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite? Right now, I am working on Whiskey Lullaby and Windows. They are just like my kids.   I love them both equally.  

  1. Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they? Just do it!  

  1. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say? I don’t have readers yet, but I have heard from some people wanting to read my books.  They all seem really excited!

  1. Do you like to create books for adults? Yes!  I write would I like to read, and I read adult books. 

  1. What do you think makes a good story?  A strong plot, an alpha male, and a sweet heroine!

  1. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?  A mommy!



No comments:

Post a Comment