Tuesday 3 December 2013

Navi' Robins ~ Get to know you interview




  1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
After I wrote my first poem entitled “I’d rather die than live a lie.”

  1. How long does it take you to write a book?
It took me two years to write my first novel “Walking Among the Shadows: Awakening” but it only took me six weeks to complete the sequel “Walking Among the Shadows: Belly of the Beast.”

  1. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
I tend to write at any time. I really don’t have a set schedule when writing; it’s all dependent on my inspiration.
  1. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
When I write certain songs inspire the story but they don’t have anything to do with the subject matter. The more I listen to certain songs over and over again the more my imagination soars.
  1. How do you plan to publish? (self or publisher)
Self-publish but I am open to other avenues.
  1. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
For my series the ideas came from a combination of 5 other books I attempted to write but didn’t complete.
  1. When did you write your first book and how old were you?
I completed my first manuscript in Sept 2012 I was 38
  1. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Singing, traveling, building computers, drawing, and spending time with my family.
  1. What does your family think of your writing?
They love it! Most of them find it hard to believe that the story I’ve written came from me.
  1. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
Writing the story is only the beginning. There is so much more to be done after your manuscript is completed. It’s mind boggling.
  1. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
Two, so far Walking Among the Shadows: Belly of the Beast because I can see my growth as a writer.
  1. Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?
Don’t be afraid to trend untraveled waters, the greats are always the first to do something. Research, even while writing take at least 30 minutes a day or more to research everything about being a published author. Be supportive and open minded to constructive criticism. Always keep in mind that you are writing for other people and not yourself so make sure what you write makes sense across the board. Hire an editor; don’t be cheap on this because an editor can make the difference between a great book and a bad book. Reach out and create positive relationship with other authors, readers and bloggers. They will be your mouthpiece once your book is published.
  1. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
Yes! Most of the time it’s inquiries concerning the release date of Volume II of the Walking Among the Shadows series and also when is my next public appearance.
  1. Do you like to create books for adults?
I’ve only written books in the Young Adult genre but I do plan on writing other novels for Mature Adults.
  1. What do you think makes a good story?
Your own imagination. Copy cats come dime a dozen but your own unique imagination makes for a great story because no one can duplicate your imagination.
  1. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
Become a singer.






No comments:

Post a Comment