Friday 6 December 2013

Book Promo ~ Worth It ~ Nicki Destasi






Synopsis: Worth It by Nicki DeStasi

Anna lives every day the best she can while struggling against the demons that threaten to consume her and drag her back into the darkness of her troubled past. The last thing she needs right now is a guy, especially one as sweet and sexy as Jed.
When the attraction becomes too strong to resist, she gives into it. Even when she knows it’ll only end in disaster and leave her more her scared and broken than she was before.
Jed wants to find the right woman and he’s drawn to Anna by carnal magnetism, but she also brings out an alpha side of him that he’s never known. When his alpha rears its head, it triggers memories in Anna and her carefully crafted wall of protection begins to show cracks.
When fate and misunderstandings threaten their already delicate relationship, can they survive? When Anna’s demons threaten to be unearthed and Jed’s inner alpha only seem to make them worse, can they overcome?

Is it even worth it? 






Author Bio:

Nicki DeStasi was raised in a small town in Massachusetts. She attended Fitchburg State College and studied Early Childhood Education. As a child, she enjoyed reading, but only recently began doing it again. She has always had an inventive imagination and finally decided to put those ideas on paper for others to enjoy. Worth It will be Nicki’s first self-published book. A few personal facts: Sloth from The Goonies is her third cousin, she acted and stared in several plays throughout high school and college, and she can play four different instruments. Nicki’s philosophy is to appreciate the good things in life. If we didn’t make mistakes and have bad things happen then we wouldn’t know how truly wonderful the good things are. No matter how difficult life is sometimes, if we look to the people that love us, then we can get through them and on to the good stuff.


Facebook-
Twitter-
Goodreads-
Pinterest-







Author Questionaire:


1. Tell us is there anything about you that people don't already know?
I almost failed my 8th grade Ebglish class. Not because I did poor work, but the guy was a total douche.
 2. Your books are so emotional. How long does it take for you to be able to get the characters out of your mind and move on to the next?
I think when I typed THE END it helped to give me closure, so it only took me a few days to move onto the next.
3. Are the names of the characters in your novels important?
I wouldn’t necessarily say the names are significant, but in my head their name reflects the type of person they are.
4. What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer?
Patience and a thick skin.
5. What is the most demeaning thing said about you as a writer?
I haven’t hit the magic publish button yet, so I haven’t had the pleasure of tough reviews yet. Only constructive criticism and even that thankfully, has been fairly minor in comparison to what I’ve seen other authors go through.
6. How do you react to a bad review of one of your books?
Haven’t had to deal with that yet.
7. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Cutting scenes.  I just seemed to keep adding.
8. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
Most of what I learned was technical, but I have learned that there are some pretty awesome people in the indie world.
9. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
There is a main message and a few smaller ones, but I’d rather not say what they are. I think this is the type of story that will affect people differently, so I’d rather people take away the message based on who they are.
10. Have you ever read or seen yourself as a character in a book or a movie?
Like most people, I think imagine myself as the main character, especially in books, but I can’t say I’ve ever 100% identified with a character.
11. I love the covers. What made you choose them? What gave you the idea?
I had a general idea of what I wanted and my cover artist made the idea come alive. My awesome betas helped my tweak.
12. Who designed the covers?
Robin Harper- Wicked Cover design
 13. Describe in 5 words, your writing:
I actually asked my betas to describe my book a while back and the most common words were gritty, heart-wrenching, daring, inspiring and raw.
If I were to describe my writing style I would say evocative, raw, gripping, emotional, and thought-provoking
14. When your were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
A few things: when I was really I wanted to be a model, but I ended up 5’3’’ and curvy which isn’t very good for the runway. When I was in my pre-teens I wanted to be a pediatrician, but I hate the sight of blood, so that wouldn’t work either. When I was a teenager I finally settled on teacher, specifically a kindergarten teacher and I’m happy to say I achieved my goal. J
15. What do you use to write your book?
My imagination, life experience, and a lap top.
16. Do you listen to music while you writing or reading?
I think I’m one of the few author that don’t use a play list specifically, but I do use Pandora. For difficult scenes I either use my Adele Pandora playlist or my 80’s depressing rock (Sanitarium, ect.) for the rest I use fairly upbeat country (Carrie Underwood, The band Perry, ect.)
 17. Tell us your latest news?
I have a niece! But book news is that I’m due to publish Feb 6th.
18. What book are you reading now?
Past Imperfect by Alison G. Bailey (Due out in Feb2014)
19. Do you have a nickname?
Nicki, Nick. One of my guy friends calls me Nickle
20. What are your pet peeves?
When people speak without thinking. You can say sorry, but you can’t take words back. Oh, and when people sit in the fast lane going 55 and when people leave their blinkers on.
21. Do you ever write naked?
HA! No.
22. What is your favourite Starbuck’s/coffee shop drink?
I’m a New England girl, so it’s Dunkin Donuts for me and I usually just do a French vanilla coffee.
23. What's your favourite fruit?
Raspberries
24. What's your favourite tv show?
The Walking Dead
25. What's your favorite genre?
Contemporary Romance and a very close second is Paranormal Romance
26. One of your favourite quotes –
"Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty... I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
 -- Theodore Roosevelt
27. Do you enjoy giving interviews?
Yes. It’s kind of fun.
28. Top Ten Book Boyfriends
Jess Ward- This Man trilogy
Noah Stewart- Present Perfect
Tack Allen- Motorcycle man
Lucas- Easy
Dean Holder- Hopeless
Drew- Tangled
Brad- Past Imperfect (due Feb 2014)
Rick- It’s Not Over (release date Jan 13th)
Damian-Dark Light Series
And course, Mr. Grey
29. Top Ten Love Triangles
I’m actually not a fan of love triangles, they stress me out.
30. Five Fun Facts:
1. Sloth from The Goonies is my third cousin.
2. I’m terrified of zombies and if some pulls that prank where switch the light up warning sign on the side of the highway to read “Warning: Zombies Ahead”, I will freak the heck out. But I’m also addicted to The Walking Dead.
3. I can play 3 different instruments: clarinet, trumpet and piano
4. I was president of my class in college.

5. I can wiggle my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment