Tuesday 3 December 2013

Drako ~ Get to know you interview

Get to know you  interview

  1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
In fifth grade when I had to do a short story assignment and I just kept writing.
  1. How long does it take you to write a book?
2months to 2 years. It depends on the story
  1. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
I work full time in a call center so I write in my down time. Also when I’m at home and not doing school work since I’m still in college.
  1. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
  1. How do you plan to publish? (self or publisher)
I’m self-published already and I like it.
  1. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
Ideas and inspiration strike me randomly. I do have a heavy love for mythology and paranormal so the ideas just spiral from there.
  1. When did you write your first book and how old were you?
My first book was finished in seventh grade at the age of 13. Didn’t publish it. I do plan to rewrite it as a young adult story now that I’ve grown as a writer.
  1. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
I’m a nerd. I read a lot and I play plenty of videogames. Videogames are great.
  1. What does your family think of your writing?
Most of the family loves the writing itself, even if it’s not their favourite subject matter.
  1. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
Characters take lives of their own and for me, they never do what I originally planned.
  1. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
Written? Twelve or so. That’s just a ballpark. Published, five.
  1. Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?
Don’t be sensitive. People are going to criticize you from the moment you publish your work. Learn to find what you can improve on from the criticism and discard the negativity that will come your way eventually.
  1. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
I have a fan page distinctly to interact with readers. I get plenty of compliments. I get a lot of rage when the new book comes out and something is unexpected or someone they liked dies, but that’s a good thing. It’s also very amusing.
  1. Do you like to create books for adults?
My published books are definitely for adults at this point. I do not want to be the cause of awkward conversations between parents and children.
  1. What do you think makes a good story?
An interesting plot, carefully written with well thought out characters that feel like real people. A good story makes me care about the characters. I have to love them or hate them. If I’m indifferent, I can’t get into a story.
  1. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

I wanted to be a writer and a pro wrestler. Half of that has come true.






No comments:

Post a Comment