Sunday 17 November 2013

Author Interview with Antoinette Candela ~ Breaking Elle






What made me choose to write this style?

I am not sure what you mean but I will answer to what I think you mean!! LOL.  I love the alternating POV. I’m a reader who wants to know what is going on in each of the main characters head, to get the full picture and see how each person feeds off of the other. 
If this is about writing a New Adult novel my answer is: l I loved my early twenties and college life.  I wanted to write a story with characters based from people in my life and also with characters I wish I could have met.   The only thing i did not get to experience while in my 20’s is finding a sexy, tall gorgeous football player like Reed.


If you had 24 hours with Reed, what would you want to do?

Seriously? Oh boy! Have I not fantasized about a man like him.
I’m thinking we could play a little touch football and then spend the rest of the day in bed  or maybe the beach so he can rub suntan lotion on me.  Of course anything we do has to involving touching of some kind.


Where did you get the idea for Breaking Elle?

            I just wanted a story that was for me.  I’ve read so many books with HEA.  The kind of bore me with the same scenario - Girl gets pregnant and then gets married.  I have read so many like that.  I like stories with a little more suspense and I’ve always been one who’s loved cliffhangers.  I have learned from publishing my first book that readers don’t like cliffhangers. I never thought I would carry this project through but I did.  I am so humbled that readers like my story and hopefully those who did not read Breaking Elle because it was a cliffhanger will read Wanting Reed once it comes out next year.


Do you enjoy doing research? What type of research did you do?

I do enjoy it doing research for my book.    I had to do plenty of research for Breaking Elle.. Some of which included finding out about:  how long it takes bones to heal,  what is involved in a knee injury,  Texas does not allow gambling, the location of the Texas A& M campus, that the NFL has Combines for tryouts.  There are so many things you have to get right and fact find to make sure that the story is realistic and feasible.  I learned a lot during the process of my research.


How many books are in the Breaking Elle Series? (Break Me)

There are 2. I also have a few spin off planned with some of the other characters from book one and book 2 which were requested by some readers.  So I have some writing, and planning to do!


When is the next book in the Series expected?

Wanting Reed is the second book which will be out January 31, 2014.  As of right now it looks like I’ll be making that date. 


Do you have plans for another series?

I am not sure at this point.  I will work on the spin off from Breaking Elle and Wanting Reed for now.  I do have other ideas for other books but I am not sure they will be a series.


Are the names of the characters in your book important to you?

Yes. Elle actually is the last 4 letters of my daughter’s name, Gabriella. Actually 3! I did have my son’s name in their but it did not fit the part of Elle’s brother Jace. When I wrote Jace’s character i imagined that my son would be just as protective of his sister and that he loves sports.


Can you tell us one of your favorite quotes from the book?

“Maybe I’ve always been that guy. I just needed you to find me.” (Reed)


Do you have anything in common with the main character?

            Oh boy. Well, yes of course.  The list is long.   I have brown hair and hazel eyes.  I love to run.  I have this habit of twirling my hair when I am thinking or nervous.  I love the Dallas Cowboys and the NY Yankees.  I live in Boston.  So yes, me and Elle have alot in common!!


What do you use to write the book?

Use like in programs.  I used Microsoft Word on my PC.  I tried Scrivener but there were too many moving parts.  I like to keep things simple.


How often do you write and what's the hardest part about writing a book?

I try to write every night.  Sometimes I even write at work. (don’t tell my boss)  When an inspiration hits me I try to write it down as soon as it comes to me.  Editing is a pain in the ass, also rewriting and making sure the plot is tight and making likeable characters.  I don’t want readers to throw their Kindles.. lol


Do you draw on personal experiences in your writing?

Yes.  It helps when writing a scene to recall how you felt in a similar situation, what you did, and your thoughts.  How other reacted around you.  For Breaking Elle I pulled events from my paste and also current relationships and events.


Do you listen to music when you are writing or reading?

All the time.  Listening to music has inspired many of my scenes.  I usually listen to Lifehouse when I am writing.


Who designed the covers?

Wicked by Design. Robin Harper is amazeballs!!


What are you currently reading?

Night Owl and it is soooooo good.


If you could write with another author who would it be?

Tarryn Fisher and CJ Roberts. I love  their writing style.


Do you have a nickname?

Nena


Do you ever write naked?

Hmmmm. Not gonna lie.  I have.  When inspiration hit me I was too lazy to pick the towel up off the floor.   TMI?  Maybe.


Favorite Book
The Edge of Never

Favorite Color
Blue

Favorite Eye Color
Blue

Favorite Hair Color
Brown

Favorite place to write
Home in my bedroom

Coffee or Tea
Coffee

Yankees Baby!!!



What advice would you give to aspiring writers?

Just write it.  Write it for you.  See it through.  The most amazing feeling is when you see your book in print and your name on the front cover.  Everyone has a story to tell.  There is someone out there who will read it and love it!





http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Elle-Antoinette-Candela ebook/dp/B00EX6BDFS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384540107&sr=8-1&keywords=breaking+elle



No comments:

Post a Comment